Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The "Redneck Woman" will be "Here for the Party" in September

Driving past the marquee at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center yesterday, I saw Gretchen Wilson is coming to Poughkeepsie on September 21st.

Even though I've already expounded in an earlier post on how I'm not a huge fan of country music, Gretchen passes my "hot country chick" test.

Add to that, she can actually sing. An owner of her first CD, entitled "Here for the Party," I can never get enough of songs like "Redneck Woman" and "When I Think About Cheating."

(Who knew? The same guy who likes "American Idol," Barry Manilow and Britney Spears, among others, enjoys the self-proclaimed "Redneck Woman!")

Ironically, Gretchen comes here almost a month to the day when The Wreckers play the Dutchess County Fair in Rhinebeck on August 22nd.

Honestly, I just included that last sentence so I'd have a chance to include this pic of them: That's Michelle Branch on the left and Jessica Harp on the right.

1 comment:

Travis Miller said...

"Hot Country Chick" is an understatement!
Her songs make her even sexier!