Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Color Me Sadd

As in "sad" ... as in pathetic ... as in I'm a loser ... because I did something I'm not too proud of:

I bought two Color Me Badd songs on iTunes the other night. Not one ... two CMB songs! I'm so ashamed.

It would probably be sharing way too much to tell you I've actually seen CMB in concert ... twice! I paid to see them at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in high school, then got free tix to see them "headline" the first-ever K-Fest; no one was thrown from the stage at that inaugural event, btw.

But back to iTunes ...

Sure, I could tell you it was late at night and each CMB song only 99 cents each and that they were impulse buys (you know, right there, near the register). Really, though, there's no good excuse for this shameful iTunes transaction. In my defense, though, I also bought good songs by good artists, including "Clumsy" by Fergie and "Stronger" by Kanye West.

But that's when it hit me ... this is the beauty of iTunes: You can buy all the crappy music you want for only $.99/song, and no one will ever know!!! It's not like walking into Best Buy and plunking down "An Evening With John Denver" and "The Best of Engelbert Humperdink, Vol. 2" (can you believe there are two volumes of his "hits?!") on the check-out counter for all the world to see.

A buddy of mine is asocial; the guy can't stand interacting with people. He thinks all this online shopping is the best thing in the world. Me? I love the crowds and the excitement of the mall, particularly now in the holiday rush. (Yes, that was me at JCPenney at 3:30 this past Friday morning). Now, though, I'm totally digging getting all my entertainment needs online.

Want to watch "Herbie: Fully Loaded"* and "Tron"* this weekend? Of course you do.

Do you want to wander aimlessly through the aisles at your Blockbuster video store looking for these gems and then enthusiastically place them on the counter, pay for them in full view of all the other customers and have them watch you walk out of the store with them in your possession? Of course you don't.

Enter Blockbuster.com, that magical Web site that allows you to rent every film Corey Haim and Corey Feldman (including the totally awesome "License to Drive"*) ever made and have those award-winners mailed right to your own mailbox without anyone ever knowing you have such crappy taste in movies. It's a beautiful thing!

So enjoy listening to those "Hannah Montana" and "High School Musical" soundtracks. Stay up all night and watch "V for Vendetta" and "The Apple Dumpling Gang" 'til the break of down ... just get your fix of bad songs and music online, so no one will ever know!

* = These are actual DVDs I've rented from Blockbuster.com in the past five months; we just watched "License to Drive" this past weekend

And just while I'm posting here for the first time in a few days, WTF happened to my pics of the Samuel L. Jackson wax statue and the Moody Blues??? And why did YouTube take down the videos that I SHOT at the opening night of the "So You Think You Can Dance" tour???

No comments: