Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I joined the "Circus"

Resolutions, schmesoltions! That's what I say.

Yeah, back on last Dec. 31st, I proclaimed it: I'm Britney-free in '08! Well ... that lasted just over 11 months.That's cause at midnight (technically, Dec. 2nd), I downloaded Britney's new CD, "Circus," as soon as it came out. (But ... I used a gift card, so I don't feel so bad about it ... though I did splurge for the deluxe edition!)

I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but the night is young. But I did catch her "Good Morning America" performance this morning as I did some early-morning cleaning.

Hey, I was up, the TV was on, and Britney was looking like this at 8:15 in the morning ... what was the harm in watching a little "GMA" while the pop princess celebrated her 27th birthday? (I mean, look at her. No, seriously, look at her! Although Abraham Lincoln called ... he wants his top hat back.)

So, technically, I didn't full come through on my New Year's resolution to be rid of Britney for an entire year; but I came really close. I mean Jan. 1st to Dec. 2: That's more 11 full months. Sure, I had a couple small lapses along the way, but I held steadfast for most the year.

There was last Dec. 26th's download of her then-new CD, "Blackout;" but again, I used a gift card and that was also before the Britney-free in '08 pledge. Then I downloaded "Womanizer," the first single of "Circus," when it came out in early October.

Admittedly, Britney's music is like lyrical crack for me: There's very little intellectual material in there; but every time I hear it, I crave more 'cause it's so damn catchy. (Seriously, listen to "Baby, One More Time" once and try to get that song out of your head!)

And while I'm hopping back on the Britney bandwagon, this time there are limitations to my allegiance.

I will not shell out hard-earned money so see her upcoming tour, even if she does dress like this on stage. I've been to a pair of her concerts, and I swear she only sang three, maybe four songs total, as the rest of the time she was just dancing and lip-synching. (I'm pretty sure that wireless mic she uses isn't even turned on.) So none of my money will go for Britney tickets. But, I mean, if someone offers me free tickets to one of her concerts...

So, Britney, you've got a second chance with me. But so help me, just one shaven head or a late-night ambulance ride to a psych ward and it's over! You've been warned.

No comments: