Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'm "berry" intrigued by this

Speaking of being a fan of a particular singer, for example...

I've never tried this beverage, and I always stand there with a quizzical look on my face: It's put out by the Jones Soda Co., and it's called Strawberry Manilow, an obvious homage to the best singer of this or any other generation, Mr. Barry Manilow. Now, over the years, I've spent hundreds of dollars, if not more, for tickets to the 10 (count 'em, 10!) Barry Manilow concerts I've seen in four states. Still, I'm not willing to plunk down a buck or two for the soda named after my fav singer. I've never been a fan of strawberry-flavored beverages (I can't even fathom chugging that Quik strawberry milk), let alone blackberry or raspberry, so I'm pretty sure I'll never be trying this stuff.

I'll still enjoy Barry's music, including his upcoming CD, but this soda ... not so much.

No comments: