Saturday, December 5, 2009

Saving big bucks "Step By Step"

I collect autographed memorabilia. I like to save money on autographed memorabilia. The New Kids On The Block are my favorite group of all-time. Where am I going with this?

Well, take a look at this: It's an authentic platinum record of the New Kids' break-through 1998 release, "Hangin' Tough." It commemorates the guys selling 1 million+ copies of the album. It's comes framed and signed by all five of the New Kids (that's Danny Wood, Donnie Wahlberg, Jonathan Knight, Joe McIntyre and Jordan Knight), and is limited to just 100. You can buy it (or a similar signed platinum record of the guys' self-titled, 1986 album) by clicking here. The price: $625.

Don't get me wrong, if I had the discretionary income, I'd cough up the dough. But ... I don't have to!That's because I've already got all five of the New Kids' autographs on this 8x10 photo the guys signed for me when I met the group back in May '08. And here's the best part: I got the autographs for free when I met the New Kids!

And ... other than a signed baseball with all five New Kids' autographs that's been listed on eBay for $247.49 (originally $449.00), I can't even find another item online with each of the guys signatures, which makes my free autographed picture (which is now framed and hanging in my living room) even more valuable in my book!

No comments: