Wednesday, March 26, 2008

David Cook-ed on stage last night

David Cook here got my vote last night, following his rendition of "Billie Jean."

While I'd never heard Chris Cornell's version of the song and while it was nothing compared to Michael Jackson's original hit that came out 25 years ago, David did an amazing job with the vocals and, in my mind, was the best performance of the night.

That said, I'm not sure if David can overcome all the little girls who undoubtedly vote for David Archuleta every week and will continue to do so, likely making him this season's "American Idol," but he has definitely become (at least in my mind) one of the top three contenders, along with David A. and Carly Smithson.

And gotta give a shout-out to Kristy Lee Cook, who rebounded from two weeks' worth of horrible Beatles butcherings (that rendition of "Eight Days A Week" is still burned in my brain ... and it's painful!) and came up with a good performance last night.

Kirsty's version of Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the U.S.A." likely kept her safe for this week, though I can't see her lasting much longer.

1 comment:

Lisa Iannucci said...

My daughter switched from voting for David Archuleta to David Cook two weeks ago, although she still maintains her crush on Archuleta. So there's hope!