Monday, June 2, 2008

Have you heard? We're famous!

Yup! There are two Poughkeepsie references in the new "Sex and the City" movie!

I was just as shocked as (seen here from left to right) Samantha Jones, Carrie Bradshaw, Miranda Hobbs and Charlotte York Goldenblatt when I heard our dear town mentioned not once, but twice in the new flick!

After my "Ms. Big" saw the movie, she told me I had to look out for a pair of Poughkeepsie mentions. So ... I sat in the theater Sunday afternoon (I swear, I was the only guy in the place, but whatever!) and waited for more than an hour for Charlotte (she's always been my fav on the show) to say those three syllables: Puh-kip-see.

Without giving anything away, Charlotte (seen here as her alter-ego, actress Kristin Davis) mentions our hometown and then a few minutes later, Carrie says it, too!

Again, without giving anything away: The references are absolutely hilarious!

The Poughkeepsie mentions aside, the movie was pretty funny and was just like a 2-hour, 15-minute episode of the show. Though there were a few slow spots and clichéd moments, it was well worth the wait.

If you remember a post from a year ago, I've been a longtime fan of the show's writing (duh, I'm a writer!) so it was a treat to see the girls on the big screen.

Would I recommend the movie? Abso-frickin'-lutely!

(Yeah, I had to clean up that last part.)

No comments: