Thursday, September 27, 2007

Spending the day with Rachael Ray

That cute little smile.

The happy personality.

And the food ... oh, the food!

We'll be taking it all in live on Wed., October 10th when my GF and I head to a taping of the "Rachael Ray Show."

Now, I've had a lil' thing for Rachael since I first discovered her on The Food Network a few years ago. I thought she was so cute when I'd watch "30 Minute Meals," though I could only watch that show until she started using ingredients I'd never eat ... which is pretty much every vegetable out there! (I'm a pretty picky eater.)

My GF, being a huge Food Network fan, likes Rachael even more, so when her daily talk show began last year, I attempted in earnest to get tickets to a taping.

Having been burned by the people who set up Barry Manilow's PBS taping in NYC earlier this month (you remember that, right?), I was kind of skeptical that I'd ever hear from Rachael's people ... until I got the confirmation earlier this week.

As you can see from this pic with past guest Diddy, she's used to having guys named Sean attend tapings of her show. (Note to Pete C.: Diddy is a famous rapper, and his real name is Sean Combs. Hence the little joke!)

So I'm already practicing my "Yum-o!" and "De-lish!" and reading up on "E.V.O.O." (that's Rachael's acronym for extra-virgin olive oil) and stuff like that.

More than anything, though, I'm hoping we get to sample some of her "de-lish" food when we see the show.

YUM-O!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very cool - I hope you write about everything that goes on - always wanted to attend a live taping of a show and wondered how things worked. I had a friend who years ago went to a Sally Jessy Ralphael show and was quite put out when there were seats kept reserved for "plants" who would get the audience going on whatever topics were going on, and said that Sally was not very friendly to the audience prior to taping. I wouldn't think that would be the case in this type of show. Rachel's shows seem very cool as far as I can see. I hope you have a great time and come back to tell us all about it!!

nys1emt

Sean T. McMann said...

My best friend in college interned for SJR and I went to a couple tapings back then. I never met her, but she didn't seem like the friendliest person in the world. I don't know about the "plants" but I know they only put the good-looking people up front.

Anonymous said...

Hey BRO:
I actually know P-Diddy! Why, you ask? Because he once ran the NYC Marathon. That's the only reason, really. Other than that, and the nickname, I have no idea what he does.
Pete C.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get into to see R.R. She burned us Manilow fans last year...so we hold out zero hope of EVER seeing her live.

As for the PBS taping for Barry Manilow - I was at both shows.

You could have come down - everyone who had (or did not have) a confirmation got in.

Besides, why didn't you use your Journalistic pull? You know, V.I.P. yourself in? Half the people in there used their connections, and had NOT one problem washing the fans faces in it.

Anonymous said...

I went to a taping of her show a few months back - and its actually really, really fun. She's so down to earth! I just got kind of tired of all the "on-cue" clapping and smiling they make you do, haha!

enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I am going to the taping of the Rachael Ray talk show tomorrow, November 27, 2007 at 2:30, anyone know who the guest is?
Please tell me.