Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I've "Unleashed" a passion for reading

Trying to read more books in the new year, I've got a logjam of a few, including this one...

Now, try to follow this: I recently began reading "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed," which is the fictitious back-story of the popular video game of the same name. That's right: I'm reading a book based on a video game that's based on a popular movie franchise. Got all that?! And here's the kicker: The story in the book (and the video game) take place in the span between "Episode III: Revenge of the Sith" and "Episode IV: A New Hope." That's right, the book based on a video game based on a popular movie franchise takes place in between two of the popular movies! Only in the world of "Star Wars" could this happen.

Admittedly, I've never been into "Star Wars" fiction. Head into any Barnes & Noble or Borders and you'll find slews of books based on the movies' characters. I literally have one other "Star Wars" novel, of which I've only read one chapter. Again, I'm a "Star Wars" geek fan but even I have to draw a line in the Tattooine sand, right?

No comments: