Saturday, February 13, 2010

"The movie star and the rest..."

Ginger made it off "Gilligan's Island," and she landed in Poughkeepsie earlier tonight.

Yes, "the movie star" herself, Tina Louise, was one of the celebrity guests at a fund-raiser along the east bank of the Hudson River the Grandview. The best-dressed of all the castaways was in town to help raise money for a camp in Putnam County that helps out inner-city kids, among other programs. Tina has been volunteering to teach reading to NYC kids for more than a decade. You can read more about the event in Sunday's Poughkeepsie Journal. I grew up on "Gilligan's Island" reruns as a kid and, of course, Ginger and Mary Ann were my favorites. (And by the way ... where did the Howells get all those clothes? Did they not know it was a three-hour cruise?! But I digress...) And as I grew older, Ginger and Mary Ann remain my favorites, for obvious reasons, if ya know what I'm sayin'. The Ginger/Mary Ann debate has going on for almost a half-century, since the show debuted in 1964.

So, who ya got: Ginger or Mary Ann???

No comments: