Friday, March 19, 2010

They came up with "Up" here

I love Disney movies. (Maybe you've heard?) And Disney/Pixar movies rank right up there toward the top.
So I can't even tell you how amazing it was to drive past the Pixar Animation Studios here in the Bay Area this afternoon, while driving back to my hotel from a work assignment. Dude, this is where awesome flicks like "Finding Nemo," "The Incredibles" and "Cars," among others, were born.

Of course, 1995's classic "Toy Story" started it all for John Lasseter and the gang, as that was the company's first feature-length, 3-D CGI masterpiece. (Can't wait for "Toy Story 3" to open this summer, btw.) Think of this as the house Woody and Buzz built.
As cool as seeing the Pixar gate in Calif. was, I felt like I'd been there before. That's because at Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World, they've created Pixar Place, where "The World's" latest greatest ride resides: "Toy Story" Mania. (Seriously, ride it just once and tell me I'm wrong!)

Still, finding Nemo's birthplace has been the early highlight of my trip west so far.

No comments: