Monday, March 1, 2010

A "Tonight Show" from years ago

With tonight's of Jay Leno to the "Tonight Show," I'm reminiscing about my appearance on "Tonight" years ago.

No, seriously: I was on the "Tonight Show" with Jay Leno! Well, actually ... someone sent in one of my stories for Jay's "Headlines" segment and lo and behold, it made it to air. The story was actually about a softball player from John Jay High School ("Jay" for short) who was going to attend Yale University, and her last name is pronounced "co-LONE." But, when a former Journal copy editor tried for a snappy headline, this is what Leno's national audience on NBC saw. If I remember correctly, Jay made a quick joke to band leader Kevin Eubanks about his colon (as in, large intestine) traveling to Connecticut.

For a better glimpse of me (and my GF) on NBC's late-night airwaves, check us out on "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon," which celebrates its first anniversary tonight.

No comments: