Thursday, May 1, 2008

I miss you, Brooke White!

Needless to say, I'm heartbroken today, as Brooke White's "American Idol" dream has been dashed.

Brooke, my sentimental favorite (though I knew she wouldn't win 'cause David C. and David A. are going to battle it out ... just look at the poll to the right!), couldn't crack the final four last night, singing (literally) her swan song with tears in her eyes.

I feel your pain, Brooke, and I'll miss you.

I enjoyed Brooke's rendition of "I Am ... I Said" but I wasn't a believer in her cover of "I'm a Believer."

Still, I'd always had a soft spot in my heart for Brooke. She did an amazing version of "Let It Be," back during the Top 12 round, and I was a fan ever since.

I've always contended Carly Smithson had the best female voice (if not the best voice overall) in the competition, and I was shocked when she went home last week.

While Brooke was, I thought, the second-best female contender, with Carly out of the way, I was hoping she'd make it further.

And how does that Jason Castro stay in the competition??? He's got to be the next to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do not understand how the nondescript Jason Castro makes it through week after week. My two favorites all along have been Brooke White and Michael Johns. I also like Syesha, but it's fairly obvious at this point that one of the David's will win this thing. Though I don't love him, I think David A. deserves it. ~2 cents