Monday, May 12, 2008

What a "Summertime" it's going to be

That's because at long last, with tomorrow's release of their new single, "Summertime," my fav group of all time, the New Kids On The Block, are officially reunited!!!

With their return, comes fall tour (as you can see from the front and back of this promotional poster), for which I secured tickets for two concerts earlier today! I even spared my GF the trauma of seeing them, as I found a friend here at work to go with me. (Thanks, Christine!)

I missed out on two chances to see the New Kids back in the summer of '89, when they played back-to-back shows here at Poughkeepsie's Mid-Hudson Civic Center. With that in mind, I wasn't going to miss my opportunity this time.

Before their tour, the guys will perform live on Friday's "Today" show in Rockefeller Plaza, and then Saturday night at Z100's "Zootopia" concert in New Jersey. (Yup, we'll be there, too!)

With all the horror stories I've heard about Ticketmaster, my experience today was pretty painless. Tickets were reasonable (the most expensive ones were $75), especially considering they have to split the revenue five ways (not to mention management, the band, etc.) so it made seeing two show easy.

Now, I just have to sit back, enjoy "Summertime" (both the song and the months leading up to September's tour) and wait for the fun to begin.

No comments: