Saturday, May 23, 2009

I've licked the habit

So after lamenting in an earlier post about giving up soda, I've found a couple easy solutions to curb my cravings.
These Dr Pepper freezer pops are amazing! Less than 40 calories each, they're non-carbonated and they've got the soda flavor in 'em. One of these pops first thing in the morning quells my urge for the real thing for most of the day.

And of all the places in the world, I found these pops at the dollar store! (Who knew?!) When these aren't enough, though, I call in the reinforcements...

Having lived in rural Vermont for 15 months, there were three things I really missed: Denny's, malls and Slurpees. Well, all our local Denny's have closed; malls close at 9:30 at night ... but you can get a Slurpee 24/7. (Thank you, 7-Eleven!) And an even bigger thanks for their Coke-flavored Slurpee. I re-discovered this frozen delicacy three days ago, and I've had one a day since. But that's it ... for a while, at least.

Sure, it's been hard at times to rid my life of soda, but if I made it through 14 hours at Disneyland without it back in March, I'm pretty sure I can do it!

No comments: