Thursday, December 13, 2007

WARNING: Shameless plug ahead!

For those of you who remember last Tuesday when I wrote about finishing my story about Clay Aiken, you'll remember I was in Rhode Island for another assignment.

Today, the fruits of that laborious trip have been published.

In an act of shameless self-promotion ('cause, really ... if I don't do it, who will?!) I ask you to click here for my story on Roosevelt High School grad Will Daniels, who's one of the best college basketball players in the country.

Again, I've known Will and his family since he was a 9th grader playing for the Presidents, and all knew this guy was going to be a star!

Off the court, Will is just as great a person as he is a player, and a lot of that has to do with his mom, Sharon. While people all over the country are talking about Will and his pro prospects, Mrs. Daniels (even now) doesn't let any of the hype get to him.

As a student, Will could've been graduating this month (in just 3 1/2 years) but he's spread out his class load so he can complete his fourth season with the Rams.

As horrendous as the drive to the Ocean State and back was, it was totally worth it to see Will play live and in person for my first time in almost four years, to talk with Will and his family after last Tuesday's game and to write about all the great things he's doing and share it with our Poughkeepsie Journal readers.

Hence, the shameless plug here on "Sean's Space." Admittedly, it's not really the pop culture I blog about here, but make no mistake: Around Rhode Island, Will is a rock star ... well ... make that, a star with the rock.

(Don't worry, the second part of the Barry Manilow story is coming up later today!)

So thanks to Will and his family and everyone at the University of Rhode Island for their help. And thanks, too, for you for clicking here and reading my story.

Did I mention Will is tall?!

No comments: