Wednesday, October 29, 2008

¡Ay, caramba! No taco gratis para Sean

First, let me dedicate this post to my colleague and fellow blogger Pete, who's the biggest mooch for free food you'll ever meet ... and I mean that in a nice way.That being said, let me tell my tale of woe: I missed my free taco from Taco Bell yesterday, the one Jason Bartlett won for me and everyone else in America last week.

Who's Jason Bartlett? you might ask. Everyone in the country got a free taco? Did I miss something? Well, let me back-track a little and you'll get the whole picture and realize why I'm so bummed...

This is Jason Bartlett. He's an infielder with the Tampa Bay Rays, the same Rays who are embroiled in the World Series against the Philadelphia Phillies. He's a pretty good hitter and a pretty speedy guy on the basepaths.

OK, so now Taco Bell ran a promotion heading into the World Series: Steal a Base, Steal a Taco. In short, Taco Bell would award everyone in America -- be they a baseball fan or not -- a free crunchy beef taco if someone steals a base in the World Series.

Now, there had been at least one stolen base in each Fall Classic leading up to this one, so...
...you guessed it! Bartlett here stole second base in the Series' first game, awarding all of us a taco. But, as luck would have it, the free tacos were only available yesterday from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., the exact time I was traveling from New York City, thus leaving me taco-less!

¡Ay, dios mio!

1 comment:

Pete said...

Dude! I missed the free grub, major oversight on my part. But alas, Election Day is next week. Mi lapiz es amarillo!