Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hope you "ENJOY!" Chris Botti

Quick! Before it hits newsstands tomorrow, here's the cover of this week's "ENJOY!" section, the Poughkeepsie Journal's weekly look at the local entertainment scene.
As you can see, my story on Chris Botti made the cover. A big thanks to Jan, Sharon and Jennifer for sharing their thoughts on Chris' local appearance here in town this weekend.

Unfortunately, after first touching base with Chris' people in California back in June and following up throughout the summer and as recently as last week, I was never able to speak with him, though I was promised an interview on several occasions. That's right: I have no problem getting an interview with the Jonas Brothers, but Chris Botti...

Hence, our local fans' memories were all the more helpful. You can click here to read the story, which previews Saturday night's Bardavon gig comes out in print in tomorrow's Journal. If you go, be sure to tell me about the show.

I first came to know of Chris during his time on "The Caroline Rhea Show," when he was the leader of the show's house band. Between that and seeing the reactions Jan, Sharon and Jennifer had to his live show, it looks like local fans (including two special people in the front row!) are in for quite a night on Saturday.

I'm going to try to get to the show after work Saturday, but for everyone else already with tickets, ENJOY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I first came to know Chris's music when he toured with Sting for several years.

Anonymous said...

I went to the show and it was very entertaining. Chris Botti, The Band, and his guest performers brought about a refreshing feeling, that for those 2 hrs, erased all of the drama that was occuring in the world at that time. :)