Sunday, October 19, 2008

That cat can wail!

Just got back from a great concert by jazz trumpeter and composer Chris Botti.

A big thanks to Chris Silva and everyone at the Bardavon 1869 Opera House for bringing a great act like Chris to town. Not only was Chris a great entertainer on stage, he was just as gracious following the show, when he met with seemingly hundreds of fans.

During the show, which kicked off with "Ave Maria" and "When I Fall in Love" and concluded with Sinatra's "One for the Road (and One More for My Baby)," Chris recalled in betweens songs that:

* He'd actually performed at the Bardavon back in the mid-'80s when "I was the palest person ever to tour with the O'Jays!"

* He recorded his first solo CD at the Bearsville Recording Studio in Woodstock, the same place acts like the Rolling Stones, R.E.M and Patti Smith, among others, have laid down tracks. Here's a short video of Chris interacting with his fans in the Bardavon lobby following his Poughkeepsie performance...


Not only did he sign tons of CDs, he posed for numerous pictures with fans, including the one I snapped here of him and my very excited GF.
You might recognize my GF from such celebrity encounters as actor Liev Schreiber and singer Michelle Branch.

Chris was kind enough to autograph a copy of my "ENJOY!" cover featuring my story about him and his fans.

Needless to say, all of us in attendance "ENJOY!"-ed the performance!

No comments: