Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Bettin' on Bedingfield paid off

So it's Wednesday, and I'm still recovering from Monday night's New Kids On The Block concert at Madison Square Garden, my third such NKOTB show in just over a month.

Just as before, Donnie, Jordan, Jonathan, Danny and Joey put on another amazing show, this one at "the world's most famous arena." Donnie even donned a New York Yankees cap, noting "this would get me killed" back in his hometown of Boston, where he and the guys are huge Red Sox and Celtics fans.

With the guys booked straight through early 2009, with their tour taking them to Europe, this was probably the last time I'd see the guys live for a while ... though they're rumored to be returning to the road here in America over the summer, just enough time for me to save up for tickets!

As if the New Kids weren't good enough (you've heard I met the New Kids, right?), their opening act, Natasha Bedingfield, is almost a good enough reason to buy a ticket.

Having also seen her three times now, I can say the British singer has a great voice and makes a really great warm-up act, as she's full of energy when she hits the stage.
Between her hits "I Love You," "Love Like This," which she sings without Sean Kingston who recorded the song with her, and "Unwritten," used as the theme song to MTV's "The Hills," Natasha puts together a great set.

Don't believe me? Check out this clip of Natasha singing "Unwritten" the first time I saw her (and the New Kids) at the Izod Center in New Jersey on Sept. 23rd...

Pretty good, right? Fortunate enough to see the New Kids three times, I was also lucky that the guys picked a really good opening act that made me want to get to the arena early each time.

No comments: