Monday, June 11, 2007

I pity the fool that don't read my blog!

I couldn't help but post a link about this report from TMZ that a buddy here at the office sent me.

Apparently, Mr. T is in such hot demand over in Japan, that he's gotten his own business cards printed up for those interested in contracting for his services.

Just for anyone who might have forgotten this icon of the '80s, here's the way he always told people to remember him: "First name? Mr. ... Middle name? That little period. ... Last name? T!"

You might also remember him as the only guy in the '80s to wear more gold around his neck than Al Sharpton, or as Hulk Hogan's tag-team partner in the main event at the very first Wrestlemania.

After the whole country fell in love with Mr. T following his cinematic debut in "Rocky III," I can never decide which of his famous '80s guest appearances I like the best: His cameo as Ricky's body guard on "Silver Spoons" or that time he and the rest of the "A-Team" cast shot an episode in the very same apartment building in which Arnold and the rest of the "Diff'rent Strokes" crew lived (that's the one where Arnold got a mohawk to steal a girl away from Dudley).

Then there was the Saturday-morning cartoon series with the very imaginative series title, "Mr. T."

Doing research for today's entry, I can across this long-lost gem that I didn't even know existed back in T's heyday: It's a music video in which he sings that classic "Treat Your Mother Right."

It's not just a cool song ... it's also sound advice!

No comments: