Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Can't wait for Taylor Hicks?

Is August 16th too long to wait for an "American Idol" alum? Does that Taylor Hicks show at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center seem sooooo far off?

How's Friday work for you?

That's when Paris Bennett will perform at Fishkill's SplashDown Beach at 7 p.m. (Look another girl named Paris is in the news, and this one isn't in jail!)

For those not in the know, Bennett was one of the final five contestants on Season Five of "American Idol." (By coincidence, Hicks won Season Five.) I'm not even going to pretend like I know anything about her, so if you want more information on Paris, click here.

Bennett's performance is part of SplashDown's summer concert series, which you can learn more about by clicking here.


Here's Paris' original audition for "American Idol."

Loyal "Sean's Space" readers (and you know who you are!) already know I was blown away when Season Four runner-up Bo Bice rocked The Chance back in May, and how I'm joining the Soul Patrol for Hicks' August show here in Poughkeepsie. This gig in Fishkill, though, I will miss — due to both work commitments and the fact that I have no idea who she is.

Admittedly, I haven't been to SplashDown in like 15 years, but from what I've heard (and seen by driving along Route 9 South), it looks like they've done a very nice job with the place; and if they're bringing in concerts, it looks like they're trying to attract even more people.

If you're going to the show, enjoy! And come back "Sean's Space" and tell us how it was!

No comments: