Saturday, January 5, 2008

Hey, hey! The gang's all here!

Heading out to do a little Saturday morning grocery shopping, I walked outside my front door to see that World Wrestling Entertainment has made it to Poughkeepsie!

Uncle Vince & the boys parked their tractor trailer behind the Mid-Hudson Civic Center, probably the same big rig that brought the WWE to White Plains' Westchester County Center last night

And at 9:36 a.m., as I drove around the Civic Center toward the post office on Market Street, I spied a half-dozen frozen fans already waiting for the Superstars to come out and greet them.


Not to burst any bubbles, but if I were a WWE Superstar like Triple H or Umaga, having just worked my first show of 2008 in White Plains last night following a nice break, I'd have spent the night at a hotel down there and then just driven up the Taconic State Parkway today around noon, making the 45-minute trip and arriving in plenty of time for today's matinee, which begins at 2 p.m. I'm just sayin'.

Anyway, hope to see you for today's 2 p.m. first bell!

And as always, for the latest in sports entertainment, check out Phil Strum's "Under the Ring" blog. Tell him Sean sent ya!

No comments: