Sunday, January 13, 2008

You can't escape The Donald

So, as I sat down to eat my Alpine Chicken Sammie at Quiznos just now, my faithful Dr. Pepper by my side, it found me:

The comb-over!!!

Yes, there, affixed to the table off which I was about to eat my Sunday brunch, was a big sticker featuring Donald Trump telling me to "Watch for Quiznos on the new season of 'The Celebrity Apprentice.' "

Not that I'm complaining; I've been a big fan of The Donald since I was a kid.

I swear, I was the only seventh-grader at St. Martin de Porres Elementary School who read "Trump: The Art of the Deal." Heck, I've even bought the Trump board game, as you can see here. I was also glued to the TV for the first couple seasons of "The Apprentice." Between the New York City locales and the unabashed capitalism and the backstrabbing, I couldn't get enough.

That being said, I've yet to see any of "The Celebrity Apprentice" so far this season. My GF, however, did tell me that this past week's episode was "shocking" (her word) following an incident between Gene Simmons and Ivanka Trump, Donald's daughter.

So ... what have I been missing???

No comments: