Tuesday, January 29, 2008

T for two ... or at least two Ts

As I was walking to the Poughkeepsie Journal just now, I couldn't help but take a gander at the marquee at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center.

From time to time, I like to take a peek and see what's coming to town — it's a good way to keep abreast on the acts heading to Po-town, providing fodder for both "Sean's Space" entries if not future work assignments.

Among the listing for such acts as B.B. King and "Sesame Street Live," I couldn't help but notice something about that Bret Michaels concert on Feb. 22nd, the one I wrote about here earlier this month. Something just didn't seem right...

Yup, they put two Ts in Bret's name!

As a Sean, I know what it's like to have your named spelled incorrectly, having received mail sent to "Shaun" or "Shawn" on numerous occasions, not to mention the occasional "Shane." And my last name? Don't even get me started!

Now, growing up listening to Poison and now being an avid watcher of both "Rock of Love" and "Rock of Love 2," I was sure he spells it with just one T. But, being the paranoid, I was afraid I'd written it incorrectly in my previous "Sean's Space" entry and updates on the Poughkeepsie Journal's Web site.

Speaking of Bret, I'm still hammering out the details with his people and the concert's promoter to get Bret on the phone before the show to interview him for a story plugging the gig. Just as I did with Clay Aiken and Taylor Hicks, I'll be looking for fans to submit questions for me to ask Bret on your behalf.

Stay tuned for details...

No comments: