Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Philosophy by Hannah

After a particularly crappy day, I sought a little solace yesterday evening before settling down for "American Idol."

Did I roam the aisles of Barnes & Noble, looking for a copy of "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff"? Thumb through the yellow pages, looking for a spiritual guru?

No!

Instead, I sought out the guidance of a 15-year-old sage: Miley Cyrus. (You might know her as "Hannah Montana.")

I threw my copy of "Hannah Montana 2: Meet Miley Cyrus" into my CD player, tuned into Track No. 2, and basked in Hannah's widsom.

That second track, entitled "Nobody's Perfect," contains the following refrain amongst the rest of its uplifing lyrics:

Everybody makes mistakes
Everybody has those days
Everybody knows what, what I'm talking 'bout
Everybody gets that way


And then it hit me: Everybody does have those days! Everybody does get that way! She's soooo right!

Now, see, this is why I've switched my alliance from Jamie Lynn Spears' older sister to Miley. Miley (or "Hannah") is so much more positive than Sean Preston's mom. (And I use the term "mom" very loosely there! And yes, I do know Jamie Lynn's older sister will be guest-starring on "How I Met Your Mother" on March 24th ... I just don't care!)

In fact, maybe the former Mrs. Federline could learn from Miley/Hannah, learning that indeed "Everybody has those days." Unfortunately for her, she's had waaaay too many!

No comments: