Friday, April 11, 2008

Going to see the New Kids!!!

Just got tickets for Zootopia, where we'll see the long-awaited return of the New Kids on the Block!!!
Now, I've been waiting since the New Kids first came out in 1988 to see them live, so here's my chance!

Along with Jordan and Joe (seen here) and Donnie, Danny and Jon, there will tons of other acts on the bill ... though the New Kids are the headliners.

Among the other performers set to play Zootopia, "Hannah Montana" herself, Miley Cyrus will be taking the stage at the Izod Center in N.J. (you might remember it as the Continental Airlines Arena or just the Meadowlands).

If nothing else, I want to see Miley just so I can say I saw her. People paid thousands of dollars to see her on her last tour. Our tickets cost less than $100 each, and I'm just viewing her as a warm-up act for the main event.

Miley's buddies, the Jonas Brothers, will also be playing Zootopia. Their latest song, "When You Look Me in the Eyes," is actually a catchy little ditty.

On a side note, today I took the first step in what could be a pretty cool opportunity regarding Joe, Kevin and Nick ... stay tuned to "Sean's Space" for more details. (Hint: The Jonas Brothers are playing at nearby Bethel Woods on Aug. 14th...)

Last season's "American Idol" winner, Jordin Sparks, is also set to perform. I like her sound in both "Tattoo" and "No Air" (with Chris Brown), and I can add her to the list of "AI" alum that I've seen live, which includes Clay Aiken, Taylor Hicks and Bo Bice.

Plus, her dad is a former New York Giant football player who used to play right next door at Giants Stadium. That's kinda cool!

Others like Sara Bareilles, OneRepublic, Simple Plan and Gavin Degraw are also set to play, making it a pretty good variety of groups, top to bottom.

No comments: