Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Santa, are you listening?

Sure, Christmas is more than eight months away; but if you're reading this, St. Nick, here's the only thing I'm putting on my list this year...

The 90-foot high, 122,000-pound ferris wheel from the Santa Monica Pier in Calif. is up for sale on eBay.

There's just one bidder, who has met the opening bid of $50,000. C'mon, Santa ... I'm worth $50,001, aren't I?

Sure, it will cost you a little more, as the eBay auction clearly states: Buyer and/or winning bidder pays for all shipping and handling fees for Ferris wheel and/or supporting wheel base. But really, how much could it cost to ship a ferris wheel from California to New York? I'm sure FedEx makes an overnight envelope big enough.

Seriously, Santa ... you gave little Susan Walker a house in "Miracle on 34th Street." All I'm asking for is a ferris wheel.

Make it happen, big man!

No comments: