Wednesday, April 23, 2008

No! No!! Noooooooooo!!!

A week after America made the correct decision, sending Kristy Lee Cook home from "American Idol," viewers made the totally wrong call tonight.

Carly Smithson and all her freaky tattoos were voted off "Idol" tonight, now ruining my "AI" office pool!

I was voting for Carly all the way to the finals, where I was sure she'd lose to David Archuleta and all the little-girl votes he'll likely garner.

Besides the fact she was Irish, I loved Carly's voice ... so much that I spent $2.97 on iTunes downloading her versions of Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart," "Without You" by Mariah Carey and the Beatles' "Come Together."

Of all the "Idol" finalists -- male or female -- I thought Carly had the strongest voice in the field; David Cook, in my mind, is a close second. I still think she'll be able to have a nice post-"Idol" career, with sales of her debut CD sure to increase.

So, with my fav now out of the running, I must now switch my loyalty to my second-best fav, Brooke White. It was nice to see her bounce back from last night's flub and stay in the race. And really ... isn't that the American way?

I did, however, see that "Vote for the Worst" has now made Brooke their postergirl. Whatever! However she stays on the show, I'll be happy. Go, Brooke!

That said, I miss Carly already!

1 comment:

Lisa Iannucci said...

I love Brooke, but I think David Cook is going to take it. Carly had a great week, so this is a surprise, but i think she screams too much.