Thursday, April 24, 2008

Way up in the trees...

...live the Monchichis! (For those of you playing along at home, that's pronounced "mon-chee-cheese.")

Yes, getting ready for next month's long-awaited New Kids On The Block reunion, I've been harkening back to what else was big back during my youth, and I came across these.


My GF and I were in the Japan pavilion at Epcot at Walt Disney World back in February when I came across these furry little guys.

I looked at them with wonder as I began to sing the theme song to their short-lived '80s cartoon series. My beloved, meanwhile, gave me this look as if to say, WTF? as she'd never seen the cartoon nor heard the theme song which begins "Way up in the trees live the Monchichis..."

Anyway, just a blast from the past I thought I'd share. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Rolling Stones cover with Britney looks digitally enhanced. I have a problem with that.

Not only was it not a good idea for Miley to pose like this, it's not good that she actually did it. On the other hand, we see 15 year old girls in way less on every beach. I'd be crass to say that maybe we need to even things out and have a 15 year old celeb male do some risque poses. Eeew! Both ways! Eeew! 15 year olds??? Unnecessarily stupid of Miley and everyone around her. But hey, no one has any shame anymore about things they should be ashamed of. By the way, she may need braces on her teeth.

Anonymous said...

Monchichi, monchichi....all soft and cuddly...

yikes....I'm a child of the 80's, no doubt.