Friday, August 31, 2007

Free concert at the mall Saturday

Doing any back-to-school shopping at Poughkeepsie Galleria tomorrow?

Stop by center court at 2 p.m. Saturday as local radio station Star 93 (that's 93.3 on your FM dial) presents a live, acoustic concert from Josh Thompson.

Admittedly, I've never heard of him, but he's got his own Web site, where I learned these little tidbits I thought I'd share with you if you're headed to the mall...

* He's 18 years old, and just finished his last year of high school;

* In the past year, he's performed more than 200 times in the southeast, sharing the stage with such acts as Brian Litrell (he of Backstreet Boys fame) and Teddy Geiger;

* His big single is "Sunshine," a cover of the song Johnathan Edwards (no, not the "Crossing Over" guy!) made famous in the '70s. Edwards even appears on Thompson's cover of "Sunshine."

I just listened to a sample of Thompson's "Sunshine" on iTunes, and I think I've heard his version before on Radio Disney. (Did I share too much there?! Seriously, who's surprised I listen to Radio Disney from time to time?)

So there ya go. Take a break from buying all those No. 2 pencils, scientific calculators and spiral notebooks and catch a free concert at the Poughkeepsie Galleria tomorrow.

Remember, even *NSync and Hanson played malls before they blew up.

No comments: