Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Team Element to shred & sign at mall

For you skateboarders out there, the “This is My Element” East Coast Tour heads to the Poughkeepsie Galleria this Thursday, August 24.

According to the Element Web site, Chad Muska, Chad Tim Tim, Nyjah Huston, Levi Brown, Collin Provost and Jimmy Lannon are scheduled to sign autographs at the TSX Skateshop beginning at 6 p.m.

Before that, though, there's a 2 p.m. demo scheduled for the Poughkeepsie skatepark at Waryas Park, seen in these pics.

Admittedly, I have no idea who these people are. (I’m not completely out of it: I’m well aware of Tony Hawk!)

I do, though, know how popular skateboarding is and how influential it is in several aspects of pop culture — from music to fashion.

The only time I ever got on a skateboard was back in ’85 when Marty McFly made it seem so cool, grabbing the back bumper of cars and zooming through the streets of Hilldale on his board.

And if you’re reading this, you’re probably too young to know that that is an obvious “Back to the Future” reference. (Wow! I feel like such an old fogey!)

No comments: