Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Be careful what you ask for

Earlier this evening, I received a comment to this post from just over a year ago, regarding kids on leashes, asking me if I'd seen parents "actually treating the kids like dogs." Talk about timing...

For just last week, I snapped what I think is the very best picture of a kid on a leash I've ever taken ... and that's saying a lot, 'cause I'm always on the lookout for them when I'm on vaca and have my camera handy! Personally, I think this picture is worth much more than 1,000 words. Actually treating the kids like dogs, you ask? Well, this poor lil' guy is on all fours! And he's literally got a monkey on his back. (That doesn't make the leash any cuter, btw.) Now, as I mentioned in my original post, as rambunctious as I was as a tyke, even I didn't need to be leashed. Thus, my fascination with kids on leashes and the parents who walk them.

And I'm not alone: Do a Google Image Search for "Kid on a Leash" and see how many results you find. That just reinforces my idea that www.KidsOnLeashes.com would be an Internet sensation!

For more on the leash debate, feel free to head over to this blog, which even features my picture from last year's post.

No comments: